If your worker has a costly accident, you may be liable
Are you adequately equipped to manage a compensation claim?
If one of your workers is injured in the course of their employment, they may be able to make a compensation claim under your workers’ compensation insurance policy.
In 2016-2017 alone, 106,260 serious workers’ compensation claims were made. The median compensation paid for these claims was $11,500.
And it’s not just high-risk workplaces that need to worry about serious injuries at work.
Accidents can happen in any workplace.
In fact, nearly a quarter of serious claims are related to slips, trips and falls.
Written by prominent workplace lawyer Charles Power, Workers’ Compensation will help you understand the workers’ compensation legislation that applies in your jurisdiction and how to comply with it.
You will learn:
- who can make a workers’ compensation claim;
- when a worker can make a claim against your policy;
- how to meet your workers’ compensation obligations when an injury occurs in the workplace;
- how to manage workers who are on workers’ compensation; and
- how to implement an occupational rehabilitation program.
Make sure you know your rights and obligations regarding workers’ compensation by reading the vital information in this eBook.